The Cyber Essentials Scheme has been developed as part of the UK’s National Cyber Security Programme. Since October 2014, Cyber Essentials certification has become mandatory if bidding for government contracts which involve the handling of personal information and providing ICT products and services.
Benefits of managing Cyber Security
Organisations must ensure that cyber security is a critical component of their wide information security activities across the business. Cyber security enables people to work in a secure and efficient manner. Some of the business benefits include:
- Protect networks and data from unauthorised access
- Improved stakeholder confidence in your information security arrangements.
- Improved information security posture and IT continuity management.
- Protection of confidential or sensitive information (such as intellectual property, customer and contractual data).
- Reputation – cyber security enables organisations to maintain to maintain their reputation.
For more information on Cyber Essentials please contact us.