IT Service Management Standard
The ISO 20000 is the internationally recognised standard for IT service management. The standard stipulates requirements for organisations to embed a Service Management System (SMS).
The requirements include the establishing, implementing, maintaining and continually improving an SMS that supports the management of the service lifecycle, including the planning, design, transition, delivery and improvement of services, which meet agreed or established requirements.
This standard is particularly useful for organisations which provide IT and support services to other organisations or business units.
Benefits of implementing the ISO 20000 standard include:
- Leverage ITIL best practices to enhance processes and optimise resources for service delivery.
- Demonstrate capability for the design, delivery and improvement of service requirements through an effective SMS.
- Improve the quality of end-to-end service delivery and demonstrate an ability to fulfil client requirements.
- Implement measures of effectiveness and continual improvement by actively reviewing, monitoring and measuring service delivery and management.
- Accessibility to organisations, such as those in the public sector which mandate that their IT service and support providers demonstrate compliance with ISO 20000.
For more information please contact us.