Protection of personally identifiable information (PII) in public clouds
As organisations grow more dependent on storing data on the cloud, understanding online solutions and cloud suppliers have never been more significant. while there are numerous benefits offered by the cloud, the use of such technology also introduces risks, which could impact the protection of confidentiality, integrity and availability of information, especially any personally identifiable information (PII).
ISO 27018 standard is used along with the ISO 27001 service of standards to allow Cloud Service Providers to demonstrate to their clientele that their data is protected and is only used for the purposed it was authorised for.
Benefits of implementing the ISO 27018 standard include:
- Assurance to key internal and external stakeholders that robust security controls are in place to protect any personal data in the cloud.
- Provides baseline requirements and guidelines to ensure personal information in the cloud is protected.
- Compliance with applicable regional and international regulations associated with privacy, personal data and cloud security, thereby reducing the risk of any fines.
- Reduce the likelihood of security incidents, events or breaches in relation to personal data and protect your reputation.
- Identify and assess risks which may impact any cloud-based system or the data contained.
- Certify to an international standard.
- Easily integrate into any existing standard framework such as (ISO 27001 etc.).
For more information please contact us.